About St Francis Bay - Eastern Cape
About St Francis
St Francis Bay is truly a paradise for water-sport enthusiasts. Windsurfing, water skiing, snorkelling, swimming, sunbathing, exploring the canals by canoe and diving are only a few of the activities that can be enjoyed by the whole family. The emphasis is on outdoor life, with the bracing sea air, sunshine and unspoilt surroundings. Fishing in the deep sea, the river, the surf and from the rocks are all exciting possibilities with bait being plentiful while the waters teem with many 'good eating' and game fish. While staying at On the Spot B&B in St Francis you'll never run out of opportunities to enjoy yourself.
Festivals and Annual Events
- "Easter Affair" - Easter Weekend
- Tuna Classic - April
- Billabong International Pro Surf Championship - July
Women's Week - August
Calamari Festival - Late September
Calamari Golf Classic - Late September
- Shell Festival Jeffreys Bay - Late September
Sanex Summer series - December
Activities and exploration
- Bowls, Boating, Boat cruises: canal, river, whale and dolphin.
- Bungee jumping (Bloukrans)
- Canopy tours (Tsitsikamma National Park)
- Fishing: Deep sea, river, surf, rock and fly.
- Game / Nature reserves:
- Van Stadens Wild Flower Reserve.
- Addo National Park.
- Sundays River Valley: Oranges, Roses and the Big 7-area offers wildlife festivals, shows and interesting events.
- Gamtoos valley: Vibrant agricultural and cultural route to Lourie, Hankey and Patensie through nature, with interesting farm stalls.
- Golf: The Links, Village Golf Course.
- Horse riding.
- Kayaking, Kite boarding.
- Swimming, Snorkeling, Surfing, Squash, Sailing.
- Windsurfing, Waterskiing, Walking trails.
- 4 x 4 trails (Baviaanskloof).
Other attractions in, and near, St Francis
- Cape St Francis: View the lighthouse and adjacent penguin re-habilitation centre. Rustic area with fantastic beach, take a walk through the reserve to the Blow-hole (3 hrs).
- Port St Francis: this private owned harbor with local chokka boat activities and the home to private boats and yachts. Visit the restaurants and pubs.
- Oyster Bay: Drive the gravel road to magnificent dunes and beach.
- Aston bay / Paradise beach – Neighboring beach.
- Jeffrey's Bay: One of the 5 most famous surfing destinations in the world and where the Billabong International Surfing Championships are held.
- Chokka Block (at the Port)
Steak house / Grills
- Big Time Taverna (on the canals)
- St Francis Links Restaurant : Gourmet.
- Trattoria : Italian
- Christie's Catch : seafood , sushi
- Five Elements: Fine Dining
- Chez Patrick : Fine Dining
- Raggies Bite : Pizza takeaways
- Ambulance: 10177 / 042 291 0749
- Doctor's / Dentist room: 042 294 0719
- Hospital: 042 295 1100
- Fire brigade: 042 291 0250
- Police: 10111 / 042 200 1817
- NSRI: 042 294 0131 / 082 990 5969
- To report Sea poaching: 042 293 1757 / 072 808 9906
- To report penguin and marine rescue (Ajubatus): 082 890 0207